Jan Salava and Rochelle Salava trading as Salava Photography (“Salava Photography, we, us, our”) deals with information privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s).
Collection and holding of personal information
The personal information we collect and hold may include:
• your contact details including your name, address, telephone number and email address;
• your personal details such as date and place of birth, gender, qualifications, titles and the languages you speak;
• preferences with regards to the supply of goods and services;
• credit card and other banking information for the purpose of facilitating payment to us for the supply of goods and services;
• images of you contained in photographic materials;
• names and contact details of friends, family and associates; and
• other information such as information about your hobbies or interests to personalise your photography session.
We may collect your personal information directly from you or when:
• you deal with us in any way including but not limited to telephone, letter, email and in person;
• when you access and interact with our website;
• when you complete our Booking Form; or
• from other sources.
If we do not collect or hold your personal information we may not be able to contract with you or provide you with the services you may require.
Use of personal information
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide photography services to you;
• to provide information about our services to you;
• to communicate with you;
• to carry out accounting, billing and other internal administration;
• to carry out competitions, promotions, marketing and advertising;
• to better understand your needs;
• to comply with our legal obligations.
If you visit our website, we may record information about your visit including the type of browser and operating system you use, the previous site you visited, your server’s IP address, the pages you access and the information downloaded by you. While the anonymous statistical data we collect may be aggregated and used in broader statistical analysis by us and our web monitoring service provider to improve our services, at no time can we personally identify you as the source of that data.
Disclosure of personal information
We will otherwise not transfer your personal information outside Australia or use, sell or disclose your personal information without your consent, unless:
• we are entitled to do so under any Terms and Conditions by which you become bound;
• it is necessary for us to supply goods or services to you; or
• it is necessary for us to obtain legal or accounting advice;
• we are permitted to under the Privacy Act;
• we are required to by law.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
We take reasonable precautions to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Where practicable we implement measures to require organisations to whom disclosure is made to comply with the Privacy Act. If a third party is given access to personal information we take reasonable steps to ensure that the information is held securely and used only for the purpose of providing the relevant service or activity.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us, details below.
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act. A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you, please email us. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us, details below. We rely in part upon clients advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time and will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be incorrect so that the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us at the details below.
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach then please email us setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and will endeavour to respond to you in writing within 28 days setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Our contact details are:
3/30 Muston Street, Mosman NSW 2088
(+61) 435 796 373